Sunday, May 10, 2015

Choosing a Care Home by Independent Age

Book 18, Choosing a Care Home, has been completed. I wasn't allowed to take this book out of the library, as it lived in the Reference section, so had to sit in the library and read it gradually.



Choosing a Care Home is a useful book if you are looking for a care home, or thinking about going through the process. I am not in that position at the moment but it's not inconceivable I will be at some point in the future. No matter how much money you do or don't have you still have choices on how much you have to pay and what you are entitled to, so it's an important area to look into, financially, as well as to meet the needs of the person needing care. I used to work in the care industry so know a bit about it from what I picked up while working on the IT side, but this book has filled in a lot of gaps. I award Choosing a Care Home 5 out of 10.

Meanwhile I am ploughing on through the Art section of the library, 10 books or so on from the Reference case where I was when I started Choosing a Care Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment