Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

2014 was a good year for reading, I managed to read 70 books, that's 2 more than 2013 and the same total as in 2012, so I am pretty consistent if nothing else. I read 44 non-fiction books and 26 fiction books in 2014. I only read 9 library books and 11 books from Surrey's electronic book library. I am going to have to read a lot more paper library books in 2015 if I am to achieve my aim of reading a book from every bookcase in Dorking library.

My favourite fiction book of 2014 was The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and my favourite non-fiction book was Hitler and Stalin: Parallel lives by Alan Bullock. I read both of these books quite a few months ago but at least bits of them are still fresh in my memory, whereas so many books you read are forgotten a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment